Miniature Wargames

Miniature Wargames

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hail CaesarUnits sizes that are more resonable to us mere mortals...

After getting Hail Caesar from Warlord Games before Christmas last year, I have read the rules and took some of what was said to heart.  One, that being unit sizes.  In the rule book, Rick Priestly suggested the following:

Player feel free to set unit sizes with fewer or more models as they please, these just happen to be the sizes we use and which suit our collection. With that I mind, I set my unit sizes for those of us mere mortals that have mere mortal collections…lol

So here are the tables I created with the modifications as would best suit my collection and those around this area that have armies as well.
Below: Unit sizes


Type of Troop
Standard Size
Large
Small
Tiny
2 Deep Infantry
10-16 models
24-32 models
6-8 models
5-6 models
3 Deep Infantry
15-20 models
36-48 models
9-12 models
5-6 models
4 Deep Infantry
20-30 models
40-60 models
12-18 models
Not Allowed






Below: Formation Widths

Type of Troops
Formation
Standard
Large
Small
2 Deep Infantry
2 Deep Battle Line
100-140mm
240-320mm
80-120mm
3 Deep Infantry
3 Deep Battle Line
100-140mm
240-320mm
80-120mm
4 Deep Infantry/Phalanx
4 Deep Warband/Phalanx
100-140mm
160-200mm
100-120mm


Let me know what you think. To those at Warlord Games I just wanted to say that I hope you do not mind me posting these tables to help out others that have bought your Rules.  If you do not like this I will happily remove it.

2 comments:

  1. Big units and big games look good but it is very time consuming to paint especially if you're doing both sides. I think flexibilty with unit sizes is really sensible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My main reasoning for doing this to smaller units is cost. While you are correct they look great I am very far from wealthy and to expect these large units to play is not realistic for a lot of people. So I made this chart so that others didn't have to do the math and charting and have this at hand if needed.

      Cheers

      Delete