Miniature Wargames

Miniature Wargames

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Question: What rules should I get for 28mm Samurai gaming

Ok so I got a crap ton of Old Glory Samurai in a trade about 3weeks ago and was wondering what rules I should use?  I do not think that either Hail Caesar nor Clash of Empires will work.  I know of WAB 2.0 but it is very hard to find around here.  Are they any others that people have played that they like?  I have never been fond of the small army type games like Impitus or DBA, DBM so those are out for me.  SO I am looking for advise...

Cheers

4 comments:

  1. Off the top of my head, I'd suggest Field of Glory: Renaissance. The Asia supplement (can't remember the actual name) has a Japanese army list for the Samurai period with lots of interesting troop types and options.

    FoG:R is at the opposite end of the wargames spectrum from Hail Caesar, very clear and very specific. I've not played the army you're talking about, but the pike & shotte games I've played have been very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd recommend Impetus. The basing system and rule mechanics are excellent for non-skirmish Samurai armies. My choice when I start the period.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran,(The Angry Lurker), has a great set of rules, he got online, they're a skirmish set based on the GW Lord of the rings rules. I'm not really sure about any others??

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I stated earlier I am not a fan of the smaller army rules sets. I love the grand spectacle so to speak, that is why DB(x) and invectus have never been considered for my gaming. Well if you guys come up with anything else please feel free to shoot me a email...

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete