Miniature Wargames

Miniature Wargames

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Sarmatian Knights!!!...er Cataphract!!! All Hail Clive Owen...lol

Well I just got these done, and I have to say they were so great looking out of the box I didn't want to paint them, they were that nice!!!  Bravo Warlord Games, oh and thanks for the replacement parts.  Anyway these were an absolute joy to paint and would love to get another box or to for my Dacians.  Anyway if you are looking for some shock cavalry for your Dacian army or your Romans for that matter, these are the guys for you and you will be very happy with them if yours are half as nice as mine were out of the box.  Makes me wonder what happened with the Roman Auxiliary Cavalry I got sometime back when I look at these, it was like night and day!  Anyway if you have been riding the fence about these guys go get them you wont be sorry.  Here are a few pictures of mine finished.






11 comments:

  1. Great painting and basing on the Sarmatian Cataphracts! I've got some of these to do as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These guys look amazing. Great work with the basing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking stand. Cataphracts are one of my favourites in the ancient world. Mind you..a hand full of caltrops and .....:-D
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way you've mixed the armour colours makes them really stand out. I've been looking for figures to use as Black Sea Sarmatian/Rhoxolani allies for my Pontics - looks as though these will do the job. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, the army is coming on very fast!

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent job on the Sarmations. I've done a unit of 12 for my Dacian army and they are great miniatures and very effective of the table top. Just mind the spears!, I manage to poke a finger at least twice during a game. If I was smart I'd file down the points a bit, but I think that may make them appear less fearsome to their 28mm opponents!

    Miles

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks all, yea I took my dremel sanding wheel to the points, I had experience with this type of spears before and didn't want to bleed again... Again thanks everyone much appreciated.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man you are an animal your ripping through these, and really nice work so i'll be having to keep up with you i do think. Rally really nice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey I am trying to keep up with you Kent. Thanks again to everyone who came to look...

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. The plastic for the Hat figs...it is the soft bubblegum type. I was against it to start with but it´s not bad. It allows better detail and does hold paint well.
    Happy X-mas
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete