Miniature Wargames

Miniature Wargames

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wargames Factory 28mm Saxon's painted up as Norman warriors

I had the conquest games plastic cavalry that will show up in a later blog post, well I wanted to get some infantry painted up for my 4 pt Norman warband for SAGA.  I have not been overly fond of wargames factory miniatures as they are done with CAD and just don't have the detail you get from other plastic miniatures makers, they are also very frail! the spears break off just taking them out of my GW carrying case with the Red foam inserts.  This has been very disappointing at best!  The spear while looking to scale are just WAY to thin and snap right where the spear and hand come together.  Anyway here are 2 units of 8 warriors each, I hand painted the shields on all my figures as I can't afford transfers presently. The skin areas need to be lightened as the dip appears to have washed out the detail I had done on the faces and hands.  Also need to touch up the edge of the bases with black and sorry for the mish mash of bases with some being hex, I am scrounging through my bits to get these based.



No comments:

Post a Comment