Miniature Wargames

Miniature Wargames

Thursday, May 26, 2011

15mm AB French 5th Lancers

I just finished these guys up with the exception of flocking.  This bunch turned out much better than the 6th Lancers that I did some time ago.  I do not know why but these were really fun to paint, more so that than when painting the 6th.  I tried to take a little extra time with these to get them right and I think they turned out good.  I also made a special box for taking photographs that I will do a blog entry on later.  Okay so now I have the 5th and the 6th Lancers so my French lancer contingent for Quatra Bras is covered.  I still need to buy and paint up 2 more units of these guys for Lasalle as an Organic Brigade.  So anyways please let me know what you think, what I did right, what I should change and or drop from the figs.  When I order these Lasalle units packs from http://www.eurekaminusa.com/ I keep forgetting that they do not include a Guidon or Eagle, I must remember this in the future.  If anyone has 2 spare Eagles for French Lancers from AB that they do not need please let me know... Thats it for now.  Next post "How to" on making a photography box... ;)

6 comments:

  1. Nice work. I really like the colors of the uniform for this unit. Regards, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very good, I like the blue facings.

    Cheers

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look really great. I love AB, except for the price :S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellant painting. The 5th are the best looking regiment of the line lancers IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey thanks guys!!! these were very fun to paint and can't wait until I can afford the 2 more units I need so I can paint them up... :-)

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete