Miniature Wargames

Miniature Wargames

Friday, July 9, 2010

15mm Essex Jena Prussian Musketeers Nr.10 Wedel

Next on my list of 5 musketeer units I will be painting in the first bunch, these guys are the Nr. 10 Wedel regiment.  I have seen reference to them being noted as Ir.10 and Nr.10 which is it?  On the page below they are referred to as Nr.

http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/Prussia/infantry/Schema/c_Schema1.html


  Anyway I had a hard time with the Prussian blue, I was initially using Vallejo Dark Prussian Blue, but it was so dark it was almost black, to I put a 2nd coat on of Foundry Deep Blue Light 20c.  I have seen others use an almost blue-ish grey color, so I picked up Reaper Pro Paint Winter Blue as a test to see how this goes with the Vallejo Dark Prussian Blue base,  Oh well what do you all think?

2 comments:

  1. they look real nice man you getting fast, the romans are great i will just have to find some time between all the commission work to actually paint some, Oh and as far as the painting i will paint anything that is historical, i have some chinese to do soon, I see you've tackled a few 10mm good luck, how are you finding them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted my reply on your blog this time mate...

    ReplyDelete