Miniature Wargames

Miniature Wargames

Friday, December 23, 2011

28mm Warlord Games Celtic Cavarly unit #1

Well I just finished these guys up last night, Again they were very good as far as castings go, definitely NOT like the Roman Cavalry I got as my first set from them... That almost got me scared thinking the rest of the army would be crap as well.  Anyway back to these guys.  The horse were very nicely done, note they are not Foundry, Aventine or First Rank nice but they are still okay.  The lower torso of the riders are cast to the horses and unlike the metal tops of the Roman Cav the Celtic Cavalry riders have plastic upper torso's.  I mounted these guys on 20x50mm Flat plastic bases that came with Perry Plastic Cav sets. then mounted that centered on top of a GW Slotted Cavalry base.  I mounted these individually like they are for WAB or COE.  Hail Caesar does not require this but I still do not know which system I prefer more CoE or HC(Hail Caesar).  I also mounted ALL of my infantry singly as above.  CoE like WAB removes casualties whereas HC does not remove them.  Anyway enough of the gory details...here are some pictures...enjoy.





3 comments:

  1. Wow- those look great and I agree that the warlord figures are very nicely done - I have 4 units of 12 for my Dacian army

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look great awesome job. have a great chritmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete