Miniature Wargames

Miniature Wargames

Saturday, June 19, 2010

15mm/18mm AB French Dragoons finished

Okay so my mate Galpy gave me some tips on finishing these guys up, so I have just completed them. I only need to finish the basing but I do not have the the stuff I want to use to base them so that may be a bit before that is done, but at least they are playable.  My friend the local FLGS owner is coming over next weekend to play Lasalle, I got General d' Brigade as well but he wanted to try Lasalle as he sells it in his store, I will post pics and descriptions of what happens in the game after wards. I hope they turn up in the photos, The macro on this cheapy Nikon L10 just is not that good, so here goes...

6 comments:

  1. now thats real nice thats all i do other than i do nose cheeks and chin on the face and next time we will talk about horses. keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mate! Hey did you see the details I did on my Marshall Ney horse?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good - I'd say the second photo is very clear and the lighting good. Best wishes on your Lasalle game.

    BTW, on you comment to my blog about Victrix Sappers, those come in the metal packs with the mounted colonels, IIRC.

    Regards, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments! :) Oh crap, I ordered a box of them thinking that you could make the sapper from parts in the box, oh well I guess I will get to compare the Victrix and Perry's for myself...LOL

    Cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your job on the AB dragoons - they are such beautiful figures I almost wish I collected 18mm again. All the bits you need for conversions can be found (with a bit of imagination and a very sharp scalpel!) in any box of plastics spare bits. Axeheads etc are also available from GW fantasy figures like dwarves. There are always heaps of spare bits. Just posted a comment on Dean's blog that I use Revell Contacta plastic cement rather than superglue on the plastic figures - I find it much easier to work with and there is a long skinny metal applicator tube that enables you to put a tiny dab just where you need it!

    Cheers,
    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Doc, Yea they are brilliant figures! I like them a lot more than Old Glory or Essex but they are more expensive than those, that being the only down side. But after painting up this first unit and having 2 more to go, when those are done I am certain I will order more AB's.

    Cheers...

    ReplyDelete